
My friend Andrea and I left the boyfriends at home and when on a girl-date at Mission. We'd heard good things about this restaurant and had passed it several times while cruising California Ave in the summer so we didn't need directions on how to get there. After finding prime parking just one block down, we walked up to the seemingly small restaurant due to its tiny store front. Unexpectedly, we found it opens up to a large, yet intimate atmosphere, with loud (but not too loud) music and chatter all around. We decided to sit upstairs on the balcony so we could get an aerial view of our surroundings. The décor in this place was amazing: large mirrors, intricate chandeliers, interesting art and accent lighting. I'd describe it as "upscale southwestern".
Judging by our surroundings, we were happily surprised to find the menu to be very reasonably priced. I ended up ordering from the tapas menu and got the vegetarian enchiladas since I was told by our waiter that it would probably fill me up since I didn't arrive totally famished.We glanced up from our BlackBerries in time to see our food be set in front of us and take in the glorious aroma of our steaming plates. Cut. Blow. Insert. *ouch, hot, too soon* Oh. My. God. "This is amazing," we said in unison. We continued to talk about how wonderful the restaurant was for a full twenty-three minutes, completely forgetting about our mobile devices.

We left extremely satisfied and scheduled a second date.
Side notes:
Probably need a reservation if eating on a Friday/Saturday night
For the +21 it's an awesome bar with a fabulous margarita
Happy hour only on food, not drinks
Price: $$ (Out of $$$$)
Service: 7 out of 10
Food: 9 out of 10
Atmosphere: 10 out of 10 if you're looking for hip-romantic

No comments:
Post a Comment